Correspondence with reference to establishment of a bank in Beeville begins between Capt. A. C. Jones, whose general store served in the capacity of bank for local farmers and ranchers, merchants and other citizens, and two businessmen, Louis B. Randall of Fort Worth and Berkley W. Klipstein of Kansas City, begins.
December 30, 1889
Stockholders' organizational meeting held, at which seven directors are elected:
Capt. A. C. Jones, Chairman
- B.W. Klipstein
- Viggo Kohler
- J.R. Hoxie
- J.H. O'Connor
- J.C. Wood
- Louis B. Randall
At the second meeting, the officers are elected:
- Louis B Randall, president
- A.C. Jones, first vice president
- J.H. O'Connor, second vice president
- B.W. Klipstein, cashier
February 20, 1890 to March 1, 1890
Issuance of charter establishing The First National Bank of Beeville.
March 1, 1890
Bank opens for first day of business in its building on east side of courthouse square, and reports $5,556.16 in deposits.
February 20, 1890
First National Bank issued Charter No. 4238 by the Comptroller of the Currency. Profits of $6,244.86 reported in first year.
December 31, 1890
Bank's surplus fund reaches $10,000.00.
June 30, 1891
First dividend of 5% to stockholders declared.
Bank moves to its second building, a two-story rock edifice, on Beeville's main street, at 201 N. Washington St. It was remodeled twice, in 1921 and 1947, and remained there for 66 years.
Following Randall's resignation, John C. Wood becomes president, serving from 1910-12 and again in 1919.
Klipstein elected president; serves until his death in 1918.
George A. Ray, Sr. named president; serves until 1934.
A. C. "Dick" Jones, grandson of founder, elected president; serves until his death in 1957.
George A. Ray, Jr. named president.
Rapidly expanding bank moves to third location, a much larger and more modern building at 111 E. Corpus Christi, St.
H. B. Hause elected president; serves until his retirement in 1981.
Bevans Welder elected president; serves until his resignation in 1989.
Bank moves to present locale, the new, two-story brick building at 1400 E. Houston St., holds grand opening on July 7.
Gary Roberts named president – serves until 1991.
December 31, 1989
Latest financial report shows bank's total assets at $56,932,000, deposits of $49,759,000 and loans of $11,310,000.
March 1, 1990
First National observes 100th anniversary, to hold open house for the public from 2-6 p.m., with dedication ceremony at 4 o'clock.
Board approved application for a 100 year historical marker to be placed on bank premises.
February 13, 1991
Lon C Cartwright retired from the Board of Directors.
March 13, 1991
H.B. Hause is elected Chairman of the Board of Directors.
July 11, 1991
Blackstone Dilworth, Jr. appointed to Board of Directors.
C. R. Miller, Jr. Named as President; serves until 1999.
August 7, 1991
George G. (Jeff) Latcham appointed to Board of Directors Fred Jennings resigned from the Board of Directors.
September 16, 1992
Dr. John W. Reagan announced retirement as Advisory Director of the Board of Directors.
November 17, 1992
Historical marker is dedicated.
March 17, 1993
Mike W. Marshall appointed Secretary to the Board of Directors.
August 17, 1994
Dr. James A. Hatfield appointed to the Board of Directors.
October 15, 1994
Merger of Yorktown Community Bank and The First National Bank of Beeville was completed.
October 19, 1994
James P. Burda named President of Yorktown branch; served until 2004
March 20, 1996
George A. Ray III was recognized for 23 years of service as a member of the Board of Directors. He did not stand for re-election.
October 16, 1996
Gary A. Roberts, member of Board of Directors and past President of FNB, submits resignation.
March 31, 1997
H.H. Laechelin, Jr. retired as Executive Vice President. Remained Advisory Director to the Board of Directors.
July 16, 1997
Board of Directors approved development of an Internet access service, providing service to both customers and non-customers.
October 15, 1997
Brannon Brooke appointed to the Board of Directors
September 16, 1998
Director James P. Heard passed away
December 17, 1998
Director W. W. Jones, II, great-grandson of Captain A. C. Jones, one of the Bank's founders, passed away. Mr. Jones was first elected to the BOD in 1957 and served as chairman from 1973 to 1991.
April 21, 1999
F.A. Hause, II appointed to the Board of Directors.
A. C. Jones, IV appointed to the Board of Directors.
July 21, 1999
J. Lindsey Green named President/CEO/Director.
March 15, 2000
Dr. Rodney Schorlemmer appointed to Board of Directors.
April 18, 2001
James R. Millikin and Blackstone Dilworth, Jr. appointed as Advisory Directors to the Board of Directors.
Bank surpasses $100 million in total deposits.
The First National Bank introduces its new debit card product.
January 21, 2004
Bobby Strieber named President of the Yorktown Branch.
March 16, 2005
James R. Millikin announced retirement from the position of Advisory Director to the Board of Directors after 40 years of service, beginning January 12, 1965 with his tenure as Director.
Bank surpasses $50 million in total loans.
September 21, 2005
Mike W. Marshall appointed to the Board of Directors.
May 17, 2006
Gwenyth M. Burris appointed as Secretary to Board of Directors.
August 31, 2006
Mike W. Marshall celebrated the anniversary of his 30th year of employment at FNB.
December 20, 2006
OCC approval received, clearing the way for the establishment of a branch bank facility in Seguin Guadalupe County, Texas.
September 24, 2007
Seguin Branch opened its temporary facility.
March 3, 2008
Ground breaking for Seguin Branch new facility.
Mike Marshall resigned as EVP/CFO and Director.
June 30, 2013
J. Lindsey Green resigned as President/CEO/Director.
July 1, 2013
Brian Schneider named President/CEO/Director.
March 31, 2017
Bank surpasses $330 million in assets and $240 million in loans.